Sunday, July 17, 2011

Who Knew I Liked Cantaloupe?

I'm picky.  Like obnoxiously so.  I've gotten better over the years, but still.

So I didn't think I liked cantaloupe.  But I was having a dinner party and found this recipe in Everyday Food and figured, no time like the present to try it out.

This appetizer is sweet, salty and refreshing.  Serve it with a loaf of crusty bread and some wine and you have a light summer dinner!


Cantaloupe and Mozzarella with Prosciutto and Basil (adapted from Everyday Food)

  • 1 cantaloupe, seeded and either scooped with a melon baller or cut into chunks
  • 3/4 pound bocconcini in olive oil with basil
  • 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
  • Coarse salt and ground black pepper
  • 1/3 pound thinly sliced prosciutto

Put melon balls or chunks into a large bowl.

Add bocconcini, oil, and red pepper flakes; season with salt and pepper and stir to combine.

Arrange prosciutto along the edges of a large serving platter.  Stir basil into melon mixture, transfer to center of platter and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment