So I didn't think I liked cantaloupe. But I was having a dinner party and found this recipe in Everyday Food and figured, no time like the present to try it out.
This appetizer is sweet, salty and refreshing. Serve it with a loaf of crusty bread and some wine and you have a light summer dinner!
Cantaloupe and Mozzarella with Prosciutto and Basil (adapted from Everyday Food)
- 1 cantaloupe, seeded and either scooped with a melon baller or cut into chunks
- 3/4 pound bocconcini in olive oil with basil
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- Coarse salt and ground black pepper
- 1/3 pound thinly sliced prosciutto
Put melon balls or chunks into a large bowl.
Add bocconcini, oil, and red pepper flakes; season with salt and pepper and stir to combine.
Arrange prosciutto along the edges of a large serving platter. Stir basil into melon mixture, transfer to center of platter and serve.