Monday, July 4, 2011

Cocktail Hour...

I enjoy a good cocktail.  I enjoy wine. 

A lot.

But let's face it, I'm not exactly an expert.  When I go into a liquor store and am confronted with aisles and aisles of wine, I rarely know the difference outside of the price.  I have a few go-tos but in my effort to expand my horizons, I'm trying to step outside the familiar bottle.

I generally like red, but lately I've been in the mood for white, so when I went to the store the other day, that's what I was looking for.  I wanted to try something new, but had no idea where to begin.

And then I saw this.  And thought, hey, if I don't know anything about wine, at least I can go with a pretty label!


I'm sure that's not an approved way to pick a wine but, in this case, it worked.  The wine was dry with a hint of fruitiness.  Very refreshing. 

Perhaps I've found a new calling?  Picking wine by the pretty label!

No comments:

Post a Comment